Sunday, March 05, 2017

illustration process


I thought it would be fun today to share the entire process of an illustration, from the idea to the sketch to the finished piece.

This one came to me as I was putting away laundry the other day, laughing about how I had told a friend earlier in the week that I had gotten so good at self-care that I was worried I was spoiling myself. But really...isn't reading a good book with a warm mug of coffee way more important than dusting? 

I think so. 

So here's the beginning sketch...



And a video of inking in the lettering... (I almost always use a Papermate Flair pen)


A few close-ups of the lettering...





The full illustration after ink...



And the finished illustration with lots of fun color!



Remember to practice self care this week! Those dishes can wait. 😉

Sending good vibes your way!


signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...