Friday, July 29, 2016

{magazine feature}


Happy weekend friends! 

I feel like I have SO much catching up to do with you here on the blog.

I hope you are settling into your weekend as well as we are here at our house. I have already had chips & guac and taken a nap on the couch...so you could say I'm definitely in weekend mode. 

I wanted to share with you a fun magazine feature I got to do recently in the alumni magazine of my alma mater, IU East! 



I graduated in 2001 and the crazy thing is I did probably less than a handful of drawings during my college years, and about the same amount in the 12 years since, until three years ago when I began drawing daily. I would have never dreamed of this artist journey during my college days.

I'm so pleased with how the entire article turned out, from the photos to the writing to the coloring pages they commissioned me to create. They wanted me to make one page that was an IU East theme, so included the mascot, logo, and one of the buildings. They gave me free reign on the other page so of course I included an encouraging handlettered quote. And they perforated the coloring pages - so perfect. 

Here are a couple screenshots of the article, and you can view the online version here.



A wonderful bonus from this was a great set of photos from the local photographer, Greg Pyle. I've already added a few to my website! Here are a couple favorites...


  

This is one of the super fun parts of where my art has taken me so far and I'm so thankful for the local support. Richmond is a great little town. 

Happy weekend and I'll be sharing a #100daysofyourtruth update soon!

XO,

signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...