Monday, February 16, 2015

{your mess is mine}


I'm a bit obsessed lately with Vance Joy. Have you heard this song?



Aside from loving his voice and the tune, the title of the song reminds me so much of how we should be living life.

We all mess up. We all make huge messes. 

We are all messy. 

And one of the best parts of life is that we can embrace each other's messes.



Awhile back I was having lunch with a good friend that I hadn't seen in a few months, and she asked me about a situation that was causing me quite a bit of anxiety and sadness. I started to get choked up and I told her "If I talk about this I'm going to cry."

And her reply was, "I have tissues!"

She wasn't freaked out by my mess.

She was prepared to help me spill it out, and clean it up.

Now that is friendship. 

Living life alongside each other and not being scared of the messes. Not expecting each other to offer perfection.

I kind of think the messes are what make our time on this earth so meaningful anyway. And they are a lot more bearable with friends that are willing to trudge through them with us. 

Goal for today: Embrace your mess and help someone else with theirs. 

XO,
signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, that is a good friend. Good friends like that are treasures. Hope that your day is happy & less messy. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...