Saturday, February 21, 2015

{a tale of two dressers}


I happen to be a big fan of dressers in entryways. I've wanted one in ours for quite awhile now. A midcentury one to be more specific. 

We've had a console table in there for a few years, which looked just fine, but offered zero storage.



And we had an adorable midcentury modern dresser in the boys' room...



A few weeks ago, someone at my work was selling a barely used IKEA dresser for super cheap. So we snagged it up and moved it into the boys' room...



It offers SO much more storage than the midcentury piece.

And speaking of my MCM dresser...

It is now in the entryway where I always wanted it!



I'm so happy with how it works in the space, both aesthetically and functionally. 

And I'm also loving some springy decor, considering it has been around 10 degrees here this week!

Do you have a dresser in an unexpected spot in your house?

XO,
signature

2 comments:

Mary Mac said...

I am a big fan of mid-century and this dress is just beautiful.

Paige said...

Looks great! I love some functional storage (and beauty) in an entry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...