Wednesday, December 03, 2014

{deck the halls}


Hello friends! Happy December!

Have you been decorating for the holidays? I made the final touches to our Christmas decorating over the Thanksgiving weekend and I love how simple and cozy everything looks this year. Want a peek?


If you remember back in the fall I painted my chalkboard gold on a whim, and when I went to decorate for Christmas I had a DOH! moment, like how am I going to make this color work? Then I pulled out this yarn wreath I made a few years ago,and low and behold, it had gold flowers to tie everything together. Crisis averted. I'm really in love with this whole vignette. The santa sleigh is a piece from my Dad's childhood so it is really special, and I snagged the vintage chalkboard at a yard sale this past summer. 


I painted this new-to-me globe with chalkboard paint and I think it is my new favorite accessory...it will be so versatile! And such a simple project. 


Our mantel is always a struggle for me because it is super shallow, but this year it came together easily with my tree collection and a few cute houses mixed in. 


My mother-in-law made the boys' stockings {the ones on the ends} and they are one of my most treasured decorations. And that new sign from TJ Maxx is fun...and a bit over-confident, right? 


And finally, I wanted some sort of holiday sign to put on the shelf over our desk, so I whipped up this little number Sunday morning while the boys and I all painted. I love how it turned out! And Ben figured out what it meant right away...such a smart little guy. 

Speaking of my boys...I walked into the family room one morning and the boys had recreated the birth of Jesus with the Christmas decorations, complete with a Jeep for the wise men. SO darn funny and cute! Not to mention practical...


Have you decorated for the holidays? I would love to see your space!

XO,
signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am in love with your decor! Like, seriously in love. It's all so cute. And those stockings?! Amazing, and so special since they're made by grandma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...