Wednesday, November 19, 2014

{breathing room}


It sure does feel like we're being rushed through life these days, doesn't it?

Sure, there are some days when it can't be avoided, like getting the boys out the door late to school when their gloves were MIA, or dashing out to the store because we just used the last drops of milk.

But lately I've been making a focused effort, when at all possible, to give myself breathing room.

That's why this happened over the weekend...
Yep...we put up the Christmas tree. 

We have a new tree this year which is exciting because it has pre-lit lights that actually work {the lights on our old tree died a few years back}, and all you have to do is plug the three parts together and voila! A lit tree! 

And the best part...my hubby was so excited about it that HE actually put it up. I can't remember the last time that happened. :) 

I don't want this December to be full of hurried and frustrated decorating, which I know happens when I feel like my time is limited.

I want the last month of the year to be relaxed and full of hot chocolate, Christmas movies, snuggling on the couch, gift wrapping and noticing all of the blessings we're surrounded by. 
And man there are a lot of them. 
Do you plan on finding breathing room this holiday season? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...