Wednesday, January 08, 2014

{playing dress up}


I almost forgot that today was Wednesday and that I had not one, but TWO outfits to share with you. 

Why you ask?

Because it has been ridiculously icy and cold here and today is the first day I've been out of our house since Saturday. I never thought I would be so happy to go to work! The boys haven't gone back to school yet and our van was dead/frozen in the driveway yesterday. But I do have to say that being able to stay up late and sleep in have been heaven for this night owl. 

It felt so good today to get dressed in something other than fleece pants and a t-shirt so I figured I should document it! {and with a little nudge from my friend Suzanne}

Today I'm wearing my go-to dress that you've seen just a few times before, but I have a new cardigan to show off that was a Christmas present from my awesome mother-in-law. It is, not surprisingly, from TJ Maxx...


I love the pattern and it is the perfect slouchy oversized shape. 


I'm also wearing my new nest necklace from Melody Joy Designs...


Love this whimsical reminder of my two little birds at home. 

Speaking of TJ Maxx...last week I wore two new tops I snagged on my last retail therapy trip. Both are super comfy and flattering...


I love the pop of mustard yellow against the grey...


So the point of this week's post is...what would my wardrobe do without TJ Maxx? 

Answer...the outlook would be very dismal. :)

What is your favorite place to shop for additions to your wardrobe?

XO,

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love that teal sweater! so adorable!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You are so cute! That sweater looks soo cozy!!

Jodi said...

I'm the worst night owl! School starting up is a good way to force me to get to bed earlier. At least I tell myself that. I love your new sweater for TJ's... gorgeous! And the nest necklace too!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Cozy outfits for the freezing weather! Your mustard necklace is so pretty!! I love the unique shape of the beads; it adds the perfect pop of color :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...