Thursday, May 16, 2013

{blogging moms @ home: Freckles Chick}

Next up in the Blogging Moms @ Home series is my sweet friend Freckles Chick! I'm so honored that she agreed to be a part of this series. We go way back to our days of pre-children interior decorating and it is fun to see how she's adapted her style to fit the addition of her daughter Quinn. 

**********************************************
Hello This Girl's Life readers!  
Freckles Chick here (not my real name :) happy).  I'm so thrilled to be a part of this awesome guest blogger series.  I've "known" Mandy for years now & though we have yet to meet in person, I know this much: I adore her.  I especially will never forget the pearls of wisdom, virtual hugs of compassion, & rays of optimism she gave me during one of our email exchanges, back in my early days of motherhood (Mandy, my friend: somewhere between delirium & finally washing my hair, I hope I thanked you profusely!!)  

I'm a work-at-home-mom to a wild sassy spirited 18-month old girl, Quinn.  Much like you busy mamas, our days are full around here (library storytime, toddler ballet, playdates, me squeezing in work during her sleeping hours), so it's always a pleasure to unwind at home in our favorite space: Quinn's room.


It might sound like the easy answer to "what space is special to you & your child", but my girl's room is truly the space we gravitate to when it comes to sharing special moments. Little moments that feel big.



Quite honestly, Quinn loves being outside.....weather permitting & non-permitting.  It's where her havoc-wreaking knows no boundaries.  But when we're in her room, a calm washes over her (albeit brief, but I'll take it).  There are no distractions like a computer or TV (yes, my kid does watch TV).  Though she has a separate playroom in the lower level of our house, we still spend quite a bit of time hanging out in her room everyday.  

This chair has seen countless books read, snuggle sessions, & climbing attempts.   

IKEA might be happy/appalled to hear that their popular chair also doubles as a jungle gym for a rambunctious toddler.  


Lately, we find ourselves simply lolling about in this chair & having conversations that would be complete gibberish to others........but to us, we're making perfect sense, of course.

If we're not lounging, then we're having dance-off/pants-off parties in the middle of the room to the tunes of Railroad Earth (hey, bluegrass is totally danceable to) or whatever pops up on our Pandora stations.  Pants optional, sorry no pics :) happy  Or we're playing a game of pretend-sleeping amidst piles of clean laundry punctuated by tickle fights. (I might actually be asleep with my eyes open here........)


Mostly, we just let our imaginations wander..........


I've been meaning to move Quinn's art table that we tweaked downstairs to her playroom, but she loves it here.  She'll sometimes lead me by the hand to her room, plunk herself down in a chair, & insist I sit in the other one.  We color the crazy out of this thing. Not sure how much longer that tiny chair will last though (one of my buttocks is always hanging on for dear life).




These clear acrylic book ledges are my favorite detail by far.
They're still holding strong after 2 years.
DIY fabric scraps art {details here}
I'm sure as Quinn grows & her interests evolve, a different space in our home will become our favorite.  

But until then, let the wild rumpus start!



Thanks so much for having me, Mandy!!
xoxo

*********************************

SUCH a fun tour girl! And I love the Where The Wild Things Are quote...so perfect. 

Thanks for giving us a peek into your lovely life with Quinn!

post signature

2 comments:

Freckles Chick said...

Thanks SO much for having me, sweet friend!! I had lots of fun writing this post & reflecting on motherhood! LOVE this series.

xoxo

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I loved this, FC. Quinn is truly a cutie and if the crown fits ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...