Friday, May 17, 2013

{blogging moms @ home: Erin}


Our last stop on this week's Bloggin Moms @ Home series is the home of a friend I hold near and dear to my heart...Miss Erin from Rare and Beautiful Treasures. I've had the pleasure of being not only an internet friend with Erin but also meeting a few times in real life, and she is the real deal friends. So happy to have you Erin!

****************************************
Hi everyone! My name is Erin and I live with my husband of 10 years and two little boys in a big ol' fixer-upper on a few rolling acres in rural North Carolina.

 

I keep a blog called Rare & Beautiful Treasures where I write about motherhood, decorating and life abundant. Here I am with my little lambs.


I have a passion for designing children's spaces. My design taste leans toward vintage and whimsical in any case but translates so well to rooms for little ones! When Mandy asked me to share a room in our home where I spend time with my babes, I knew it would be fun to share our nursery/playroom. This room functions as both a nursery for my 8 month old son and a play area for my 3 year-old little boy.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 4rare and beautiful treasures nursery 22   rare and beautiful treasures nursery 20

This is James' crib with bedding I designed. The skirt is made out of a vintage table runner.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 10   rare and beautiful treasures nursery

Lowercase kraft letters via Etsy.

When we bought our house, the hardwood floors were covered with very old carpet and the wood was in desperate need of refinishing. I painted the floors in this room with a high-gloss oil-based porch and floor paint. I love the look of painted hardwood floors in a child's room and it is an extremely cost-effective solution for old floors. I painted the wood floors in our beach cottage nursery as well, you can see that room here!

rare and beautiful treasures nursery 3

The waterfall chandelier in this room was a vintage find via Ebay. It came from an estate sale in California.
 
  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 13rare and beautiful treasures nursery 18

Every children's space needs a chalkboard wall! A nice contrast to a fancy-pants chandelier. I love contrast!

rare and beautiful treasures nursery 21   rare and beautiful treasures nursery 19

 The boys' grandmother knitted this little lamb piece, which is a sweet and unique bit of art.

  rare and beautiful treasures lambsrare and beautiful treasures nursery 15

This dresser belonged to my boy's Great Grandmother. We inherited it and I switched out the knobs for crystal ones I found at Lowes.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 14

The play side of the room! A little table for art projects and books.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 16

"My Whole Heart" piece by Between You & Me Designs, Etsy.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 24rare and beautiful treasures nursery 7

Sweet Heavenly Molasses print, also via Etsy.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 2

A baby grand piano because my 3 year-old loves music.

rare and beautiful treasures nursery 5

 Old style doorknobs ( which are actually brand new) from Lowes!

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 6

Vintage book pages decoupaged onto wooden triangles make for a one of a kind bunting. Again, via Etsy.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 8

Pages from a 1950s storybook hung by clothes pins onto twine.

rare and beautiful treasures nursery 12

Gallery wall with baby clothes, art & photos.

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 17

This is just a fun, fun space where my boys and I enjoy spending time. Thanks, everyone, for stopping by!

  rare and beautiful treasures nursery 23

************************************

Thanks so much for this beautiful tour Erin! I love the chalkboard wall and all of the vintage, whimsical touches! And those boys of yours...heartbreakers. :)

Thanks everyone for playing along this week! I will definitely be doing another series like this!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Erin! Just lovely and peaceful. -Marcia

Erin Southwell said...

Thanks for having me, Mandy! This was such a fun series to read! I think all moms like to see how other moms spend time with their kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...