Monday, December 31, 2012

{favorite outfits of 2012}


When I decided to do a recap of my favorite outfits from 2012 I didn't realize that I would provide so much inspiration for myself.

That may sound funny but for the past few months I've been in a bit of a fashion rut, and looking back through my old posts gave me so many fresh ideas for the wardrobe I already have. It helped me to look at my closet with fresh eyes and renewed my excitement to get dressed up for work every day.

Sooo...here are my top 10 outfits from 2012...

#1

My favorite outfit of the year...of course it includes a comfy sweater, boots and my go-to Kohl's scarf...


#2

First time wearing a dress over skinny jeans...I love the feather print on this dress from Charming Charlie...


#3

Pairing a scarf with a long necklace...

#4

I really love layering over a summer dress to make it work for colder weather...this green tank dress from TJ Maxx can be worn so many ways...


#5

Another great summer dress turned winter outfit...


#6

Chambray and chevron with a little DY necklace action...


#7

Love everything about this one...and I wish my hair would look like this every day!


#8

Chambray dress from Target and one of my favorite necklaces for a great summer look...


#9

Same chambray dress with my favorite thrifted sweater for a cozy fall outfit...


#10

Mixing patterns for a casual summer look...


There you have it! I'm so glad I did this post...even if it is just to help me re-learn how to use my closet again. I learned a few things from going back through my outfits...
  1. You can never go wrong with your favorite comfy outfit combination. For me it is sweater + boots + scarf.
  2. Pattern mixing...don't be afraid of it!
  3. Layering in the winter months can really help you use your closet to its fullest potential.
  4. Staples like a chambray dress can be worn SO many ways.
I hope this has inspired you too...I'm excited for another year of playing dress up!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...